How I Reversed My Hair Loss Naturally




 Two Herbs That Helped Me Reverse My Hair Loss

(And Why They’re Now a Daily Staple)

Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.




Let me start by saying: I’m not a doctor. But I am someone who went through a scary season of hair loss and came out the other side with way thicker, stronger hair, and a lot more energy too.


A few years ago, I started to notice my hair thinning. Not just a little shedding, I'm talking globs of hair every time I ran my fingers through it. I was 29 at the time, and it got so bad at the top of my hairline that I started to wonder if I was already going through “womanly changes” early. It wasn’t just my hair either, I was feeling weaker in the gym, winded after getting up, and just… not myself.


But what really caught my attention was how my period started changing. Less blood each month, then one month I barely spotted at all, and that was not normal for me. My cycle had always been consistent and heavy.


So, I did what I don’t recommend (but also kind of do): I self-diagnosed. I started looking into what could cause all these symptoms and stumbled across iron deficiency. Turns out… I was anemic. I started taking slow-release iron supplements, and within a week, I already felt stronger. Two months later, my hair stopped falling out and started growing back thicker than before.


That was my wake-up call, and I haven’t gone a day without iron supplements since.


But there’s another herb I want to talk about that has made a huge difference in my hair health too: Evening Primrose Oil.


I came across it in the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies (a must-have if you’re into natural healing) and learned it’s used for reversing hair loss, alopecia, and even early male pattern baldness. The magic is in its ability to balance hormones, which can be a major reason behind hair loss for a lot of us—especially women. Evening primrose oil is also known for helping with:


PMS and hormonal acne


Menopausal symptoms


Inflammation


Skin health (hello, glow!)



Once I added it into my routine, it was like the cherry on top of everything I was already doing. It’s gentle, but powerful. And when your hormones are balanced? Your body thrives, your skin clears, your mood improves, and yes, your hair gets that bounce and thickness back.



So, here's my holy grail hair rescue stack:


1. Slow-Release Iron – especially important if you have a period. This one is the one I use and recommend.



2. Evening Primrose Oil – for hormone support, hair regrowth, and overall wellness. I trust and recommend this brand for evening primrose oil.




These two are now non-negotiables for me. I take them every single day and recommend looking into them if you’re struggling with similar symptoms. Of course, everyone’s body is different, so definitely do your research and talk to a trusted practitioner if you’re unsure.


But don’t ignore what your body is trying to tell you. Hair loss, fatigue, skipped periods, those are whispers from your body that something’s off. And sometimes, the fix isn’t as complicated as we think.



Why Slow-Release Iron and Not Fast-Acting?


Slow-Release formulations of iron can cause fewer of the side effects (nausea and abdominal discomfort) that are common with fast-acting iron supplements. This brand I use here also is for sensitive tummies and does not cause constipation compared to other iron supplements.


Looking for Natural Hair care?


Check out my natural DIY dry shampoo blog here. This dry shampoo is healthier for your hair than store-bought dry shampoo. I also added a few natural hair growth tips for you to add to your self-care regime.





Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor or healthcare professional- just sharing what works for me! Always do a patch test and consult with your healthcare provider if you have any concerns or medical conditions before using homemade remedies.




For more simple, non-toxic living tips, you can find me on TikTok, Instagram and YouTube under holisticandwitchy.

Thanks for reading! I love sharing these tips with you, and I appreciate you being here. 

Check out my other blogs on natural DIYs for the body and home below!



Quick links to my personal faves and must haves for natural DIYs:

Baking soda:  used in natural laundry detergent, toothpastes and more

Washing Soda: used in making laundry detergent and cleaning pastes and more

Distilled White Vinegar:  used in cleaning, deodorizing and lifting stains and more

Castile soap: Versatile cleanser, can be used from hair shampoo to degreaser

Essential Oils: used in mostly all my natural DIY products for its scent and high-quality antimicrobial properties.

Amber bottles: protects natural ingredients from light, air, and heat which can break down their potency over time.

Roller and Spray Amber Bottles:  easy and convenient application







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Goo Gone Recipe (Only 2 Ingredients)

Natural Homemade Toothpaste

DIY Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner