My Holistic Secrets for Tummy Troubles
Natural Relief for a Sensitive Stomach: My Go-To Remedies
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
If you’re anything like me and have a sensitive stomach, then you know how frustrating it can be to deal with things like acid reflux, bloating, or that uneasy post-meal feeling. Over the years, I’ve found two simple, natural remedies that help me feel better almost instantly: raw apple cider vinegar and baking soda water.
Apple Cider Vinegar: My Everyday Hero
I started using raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (with the “mother”) as a quick fix for my stomach discomfort, and let me tell you, it works like magic. When I feel that burning sensation creeping up (hello acid reflux), or if something I ate just isn’t sitting right, I take about half a shot of ACV. Within minutes, my stomach feels more settled.
Some days, I’ll take it once. Other days, especially if I’ve been snacking on foods that I know might mess with me, I’ll take it up to three times. I always follow it with some water just to protect my teeth and throat.
Want to try it out? This one is a great affordable option that can be at your door within a few days.
Baking Soda Water: Old School, Still Gold
Another trick up my sleeve? A cup of water mixed with a tablespoon of baking soda. I know it sounds intense, but it balances out stomach acid so quickly. I just gulp it down (not the most pleasant taste, but worth it), and the relief kicks in fast, especially for heartburn or when I feel that bloated, and gassy. I recommend a bigger bag like this one because it's affordable and worth it if you use a lot of baking soda like me. It's practically in the majority of my DIY natural cleaning products and even in some of my homemade beauty products like my homemade whitening toothpaste.
Other Perks of ACV (That I’m Still Exploring)
While I mainly use ACV for my tummy, it’s also good for:
Supporting digestion
Balancing blood sugar
Boosting skin clarity when diluted as a toner
Rinsing hair for shine and scalp health
Possibly even helping with weight management
I haven’t tried all the above yet, but I’m curious! If you’ve used it in other ways, I’d love to hear what’s worked for you.
Final Thoughts
I’m not a doctor, just someone figuring out what helps me feel better naturally. If your stomach gives you grief too, these simple remedies might be worth trying (just always be mindful and check with your body, or a professional, if you’re unsure).
Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor or healthcare professional- just sharing what works for me! Always do a patch test and consult with your healthcare provider if you have any concerns or medical conditions before using homemade remedies.
For more simple, non-toxic living tips, you can find me on TikTok, Instagram and YouTube under holisticandwitchy.
Thanks for reading! I love sharing these tips with you, and I appreciate you being here.
Check out my other blogs on natural DIYs for the body and home below!
Quick links to my personal faves and must haves for natural DIYs:
Baking soda: used in natural laundry detergent, toothpastes and more
Washing Soda: used in making laundry detergent and cleaning pastes and more
Distilled White Vinegar: used in cleaning, deodorizing and lifting stains and more
Castile soap: Versatile cleanser, can be used from hair shampoo to degreaser
Essential Oils: used in mostly all my natural DIY products for its scent and high-quality antimicrobial properties.
Amber bottles: protects natural ingredients from light, air, and heat which can break down their potency over time.
Roller and Spray Amber Bottles: easy and convenient application
Amber Roller Bottles Multi-Pack: To make oil blends and other DIYs
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment