The Ultimate Curse Breaker



 The Real Curse Breaker: Why Shadow Work and Prayer Freed Me More Than Any Spell

This site contains affiliate links.


When most people think of breaking a curse, they picture herbs, oils, and spell jars—maybe a ritual bath or a candle burning under the moon. And don’t get me wrong, I have deep respect for those practices. I’ve used essential oils with intention, I’ve read the books (Blackthorn’s Botanical Magic being one of my favorites), and I’ve found strength in those earthy rituals. But the truth is, none of those things actually broke the curses I was under.


What I’ve been healing from hasn’t just been bad luck or an evil eye, it’s been generational. The kind of energy that gets passed down like a family heirloom: fears that weren’t mine, emotional patterns that never started with me, cycles that felt impossible to break. And the more I tried to “fix” things externally, the more I was being pulled inward.


The magic that has worked for me isn’t flashy. It’s quiet. It’s gritty. And it’s personal.


Generational Curses Are More Than Just Spells


I started realizing that what I was feeling wasn’t just my own pain. It was as if I was carrying my mother’s fears, my grandmother’s grief, and who knows how many generations of survival energy. These weren’t just mood swings or blocks, these were emotional patterns passed down through blood and silence.


To me, that is a curse: when you carry energy that was never yours to begin with, and it keeps looping through your life until you decide to stop and face it.


Shadow Work as the Ultimate Curse Breaker


That’s where shadow work came in. And let me tell you, it was not the kind of magic that feels comfortable. It meant facing the parts of myself I had been avoiding. The shame, the fear, the inner child wounds, the beliefs I didn’t even know I had about myself.


But the more I leaned into that discomfort, the more I began to feel the weightlifting. This was my ritual: crying on the floor, journaling through rage and sadness, forgiving myself and others, and choosing to feel what generations before me had to suppress in order to survive.


I wasn’t just healing for me—I was healing for them too.


My Prayer Practice & Calling on Archangel Michael


Every night, I say protection prayers before I sleep. Not out of fear, but out of intention. I ask that any negative energy, fear, curses, hexes, evil eye, whatever may be lingering, be cleared from me and my space.


But my greatest ally through all of this has been Archangel Michael. When I feel scared, overwhelmed, or need to cut energetic ties that feel heavy or dark, I call on him. I imagine his sword cutting away anything that isn’t mine. I ask for courage. I ask for clarity. And I always feel safer afterward.


That practice has been more powerful than any spell I’ve ever tried. It’s not fancy. It’s not aesthetic. But it’s real.


Supporting Tools, Not Solutions


That doesn’t mean I never use physical tools. I love essential oils, and I’ve used blends like the “Buzz Off” recipe to move unwanted energies out of my space. But I’ve come to see those as supportive, not solutions. The real work, the real magic, happens within.


Final Thoughts: You Are the Magic


If you’ve been trying to break a curse, whether spiritual, emotional, or generational, just know: the most powerful spell you can cast is the decision to face yourself fully. To pray. To feel. To heal.


It might not look like magic on the outside. But inside? That’s where the chains really break.


You don’t need to be perfect. You don’t need to have all the answers. You just need to start. And trust me, you are not alone.




Books That I Recommend

Blackthorns Botanical Magic (for protection spells using essential oils)

How to Do the Work (to assist with shadow work)

Shadow Work Journal (To assist in your inner work journey)




Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.




For more simple, non-toxic living tips, you can find me on TikTok, Instagram and YouTube under holisticandwitchy.

Thanks for reading! I love sharing these tips with you, and I appreciate you being here. 

Check out my other blogs on natural DIYs for the body and home below!



Quick links to my personal faves and must haves for natural DIYs:

Baking soda:  used in natural laundry detergent, toothpastes and more

Washing Soda: used in making laundry detergent and cleaning pastes and more

Distilled White Vinegar:  used in cleaning, deodorizing and lifting stains and more

Castile soap: Versatile cleanser, can be used from hair shampoo to degreaser

Essential Oils: used in mostly all my natural DIY products for its scent and high-quality antimicrobial properties.

Amber bottles: protects natural ingredients from light, air, and heat which can break down their potency over time.

Roller and Spray Amber Bottles:  easy and convenient application

Amber Roller Bottles Multi-Pack: To make oil blends and other DIYs

Lost Book Of Herbal Remedies: In-depth Information on herbal Medicines

The Beginners Guide to Essential Oils:  Informative guide to all things essential oils 

Blackthorns Botanical Magic: Spellwork using essential oils, super informative 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Goo Gone Recipe (Only 2 Ingredients)

Natural Homemade Toothpaste

DIY Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner